Although Absolute Theatre's goal is to pay all work professionally, we know that as we start, many people volunteering time will be essential to our success. Through volunteering your time and talents, you help Absolute Theatre be a dynamic leader in the production and development of professional contemporary theatre in Rochester. We are always in search of enthusiastic, creative supporters of the arts to volunteer their time for any number of exciting projects we have in the works.
Please fill out the volunteer application and let us know how you are interested in getting involved!
We are always seeking volunteers to help in a variety of different areas around the theatre including:
- Administrative – Answer phones, mailing list upkeep, computer data entry, copying, making calls, mailing assistance.
- Advocacy – Write a letter in support of the arts, visit a congressman, or attend a rally.
- Development/Fundraising – Help research possibilities for new funding, read publications, assist with maintaining files on prospects, help with mailings, make donor renewal phone calls.
- Hospitality – Help plan opening night parties and other special events, prepare food for parties, set up and clean up event sites, welcome guests to events.
- Marketing/Publicity – Help marketing department with social media, mailings, group sales, poster/flyer distribution or get the word out about Absolute to your place of business or with organizations with which you are involved. Help with community engagement to form partnerships with other non-profits in our community that connect with our mission and the themes of individual plays or help out at a special event for a few hours.
- Production – Strike (take apart) set, set construction and painting, costume maintenance, clean and spruce up theatre or work backstage during the run of a show helping with props, costumes, etc. Requires time commitment of 3-5 nights per week for 6-8 weeks.
- Usher/Front of House – Help at box office before the show, hand out programs, seat patrons, sell concessions.
For more information or to discuss further call 507-722-7231 or email here